Can I build in the floodplain?
Although it may be possible to build in a designated flood zone, development in such areas is restricted and the county highly encourages you NOT to do so. In accordance with Federal, State and county regulations, a Floodplain Development Permit, must be obtained for ANY development in a designated flood zone, including houses, barns, accessory structures, ponds, culverts, bridges, utilities, etc. Other permits may also apply. Please contact the planning department for detailed information.

Show All Answers

1. How can my property be developed?
2. Besides building, sanitation and entrance permits, what else should I check into in order to develop my property?
3. Can I build an apartment in my barn?
4. Can I place a mobile home on the property while I build my house?
5. How much land do I need to build a house?
6. Can I build in the floodplain?
7. Do I need a permit to build a pond?
8. Can I run a business from my home or property?
9. What uses are allowed on my property?
10. What uses are NOT allowed on my property?
11. How many horses can I have?
12. How many dogs and/or cats can I have?